- This is an AU where Antarctica is actually colonized by various European countries, not just claimed.
Antarcticaball, officially the State of Antarcticaball, is the southernmost country in the world. He has the second-largest clay (after his mother Russia), and the largest clay for a Commonwealth Realm (ahead of his half-brother Canada).
Antarcticaball is good at Winter Olympics, but it won't get to host them until Novopetrograd 2022.
Antarcticaball had no native caveballs before it was colonized. It was discovered by Bellingshausen on 27 January, 1820, which is celebrated today as Bellingshausen Day, Antarctica's de-facto national day. Russia immediately colonized the new land, and with later expeditions, other European countries, such as Britain, Norway, and France, followed suit.
French Antarctic War
The French Antarctic War was a war between Great Britain and France over Antarctic colonies in the late 1870s. It ended in a British victory, with Britain annexing the French Antarctic colonies, in what is now the province of Eastshield.
Formation of modern Antarctica
The modern State of Antarctica was formed in 1901 as a confederation, modeled on Canada and Australia, to unite the UK-icon.png British colonies in Antarctica under one government.
In 1907, Great Britain purchased Bellinsgauzenia, the direct successor of the original Russian colony, from Imperial Russia, and added it to the State of Antarctica. Even after the Bellinsgauzenia Purchase, it did not cover all of Antarctica: Queen Maud Land was still a colony of Norway.
In the late 1920s and early 1930s, the UK allowed Americans like Admiral Byrd to explore Antarctica's clay, because it hadn't all been mapped yet. This was how the province of Marie Byrd Land got named Marie Byrd Land. Later on, Antarctica was recognized as an independent Commonwealth Realm, with the Statute of Westminster.
World War II and New Swabia
In 1939, around the same time World War II was starting, the Nazis launched their own Antarctic expedition, and created a Nazi colony called New Swabia, on the clay on Norway's colony Queen Maud Land. Despite this, there was no "Antarctic Theatre" of World War II, even though Antarctica, like most other Commonwealth Realms, sent soldiers to Europe and Asia. After WWII, New Swabia became a UN Trust Territory of the UK, and was annexed into the State of Antarctica in 1947.
Queen Maud Land Purchase
In 1950, Antarctica completed its clay, by purchasing the colony of Queen Maud Land from Norway. As part of the treaty, Norwegian was made an official language, along with English, Russian, and French. However, they made it part of the province of New Swabia, which was literally named by the Nazis, instead of giving it its own province.
In the 2000s and 2010s, the unorganized territories that weren't part of any province were made into territories like what Canada has. In 2019, New Swabia was finally renamed (back) to Queen Maud Land, which had been campaigned for since the Purchase back in 1950.
- UKball - My dad. GOD SAVE THE KING! (rip queen)
- Russiaball - My mom. Her explorers discovered me in the first place.
- Franceball - My aunt.
- Norwayball - My uncle.
- USAball - My brother. I let him in my clay to do research and stuff.
- Canadaball - My brother and fellow Commonwealth Realm. We have a lot of the same holidays, like Victoria Day, Labour Day, Remembrance Day, and Boxing Day. We also have the same date for Thanksgiving in October.
- Australiaball - My other brother. We're both Commonwealth Realms in the southern hemisphere.
- New Zealandball - Another brother. We're both left off of maps by lazy designers.
- Chinaball - I recognize you as China, but stop killing Uyghurs, and let other countryballs recognize Taiwanball as a separate country, instead of "all-or-nothing".